HISTORY OF BANGKOK CHICKEN AND ORIGINAL CHARACTERISTICS – This type of chicken is certainly familiar, especially for lovers of fighting cocks, as the name suggests ‘Bangkok’ this chicken does come from Thailand which has been recognized and has good quality as a fighting cock, has traits that can fight to the death similar to wild chickens who are able to fight to defend their territory.
According to history, the Bangkok chicken originated from the Thai people who managed to find a new rooster called King’s Chicken which has fast movements and deadly punches and is special when fighting its brain ability to walk, this chicken by the Chinese is called Leung hang zhao and the Chinese state as the State which is very popular with cockfighting activities looking for chickens to be crossed with Bangkok chickens, it is hoped that these crossbred chickens can overthrow Bangkok chickens from Thailand. Finally, in 1960, a fighting chicken strain was found that was able to compete with Bangkok chickens, but due to continuous crossbreeding, the difference between fighting chickens from Laos and Bangkok chickens was barely known.
BANGKOK CHICKEN IN INDONESIA
Initially, Bangkok chicken entered Indonesia and was introduced for the first time in the country, namely in the city of Tuban, East Java, but it is not clear who first introduced Bangkok chicken from Thailand, but what is certain is that until now Bangkok chicken has spread throughout Indonesia and so popular among lovers of fighting cocks.
Many Bangkok chickens from Thailand are cross-breeded with local hens so that most Bangkok chickens circulating in the community are descendants of Bangkok chickens whose appearance is not much different from the original Bangkok chickens.
According to Wibisono, based on the pattern and color of Bangkok chicken feathers, there are 7 kinds, namely:
- Wiring: Its basic color is black with rawis feathers and a reddish-yellow tail.
- Wangkas: Its basic color is almost the same as the rawis, which is reddish yellow.
- Klawu: Characteristics The basic color is gray
- Blorok: Characteristics of the basic color of fur is stupid from a collection of various colors such as black, red, and white
- Jragem : Characteristics The basic color of fur is black
- Jali: Characteristics The basic color of blirik fur which is a mixture of several colors with small stripes.
- White: Characteristics of the basic color of white fur
Also read : HISTORY OF LOTTERY GAMBLING IN INDONESIA
The General Characteristics of Bangkok Chicken are:
- The body size is large and looks sturdy standing almost about 90 degrees and the chest looks dashing
- Fur color varies as described above
- Eyes look bright
- Long neck
- The comb-shaped roes and wattles are short and red
- The long and thick beak is yellow
- Feet look round, dry, and neat yellow scales
- Adult male weight 2.5 to 4 Kg